Leila's first year at sea after her four year, £150,000 restoration will be a great time to charter. She will not be the finished article down below, so don't expect Victorian elegance, but you will be part of the re-discovery of a unique racing cutter.
There are four charter options:
- Take a berth on one of the voyages to the Baltic or back, or book the whole boat. See here.
- Book the whole boat with skipper for a day or two.
- Take one of our weekends for a gentle sailing experience out of Lowestoft. See here.
- Join the Tall Ships cruise in company. See here.
The cost is £100 per person per day.
You can have the whole boat to yourselves, with skipper, for £500 per day. This may be useful for corporate charters.
The cost includes lifejackets, oilies, most meals, accommodation and beverages. There is a toilet on board, but showers are taken ashore at marinas.
There are six berths. Two in the forecabin, and four in the saloon. The upper saloon berths are 25% cheaper.
You will be acompanied by David, the skipper, who is an RYA Yachtmaster Instructor and has been skippering and teaching professionally in these waters for over ten years. There will also be a volunteer or trainee mate aboard in the crew quarters aft.
Leila Sailing Trust is a not-for-profit registered charity, so that all the booking fees, after daily running costs, go towards maintaining Leila and helping youngsters go to sea.
Have some fun and do some good!
Our programme this year:
- day sails out of Lowestoft
- 25/26th our first weekend sail
- To Ipswich - four spaces left.
- 15/16th Suffolk Yacht Harbour Classics Regatta - 6 spaces
- A week's maintenance in Lowestoft
- 21 - 28 Lowestoft to Cuxhaven cruise - 6 spaces
- 29 - July 6 Cuxhaven to Arhus - only two spaces left!
July - Tall Ships Race in the Baltic for under 25's - but cruise in company available to adults.
- 5-12 August, Szczecin to Cuxhaven - booked
- 13-19 Cuxhaven home - booked
- 26 to 30 Ipswich to Cowes ASTO Hammond Innes Race - under 25's
September - Yarmouth festival