What you need to bring
Please pack your kit in a soft bag – there’s no space to store a hard suitcase!
- Sleeping bag
- Warm clothing (even in summer it can be cold at sea)
- Warm hat and gloves
- Plimsols, trainers or deck shoes with non-slip soles. wellies if you have some.
- Clothes to wear ashore
- Wash kit (NB aerosols are a serious fire hazard and NOT allowed on board – bring roll-on deodorant
- Any regular medication / inhalers (you MUST tell us what you are taking)
- Seasickness pills
- Glasses or contact lenses if needed (NB bring spares; contact lens cleaning solution; a strap to hold your glasses on)
- Swimming kit
- Sun cream, sunhat (e.g. baseball cap), sunglasses
- Shorts. Jogging bottoms are better than jeans as long trousers.
- Some spending money for going ashore
- ballgown,stilettoes and tiara (joke!)
Waterproof clothing, safety harnesses and lifejackets are provided on board.
No recreational drugs are allowed on board, and alcohol is only allowed on adult trips, when it can be consumed in port, but not at sea.
We ask groups to organise the food for eight people (yourselves plus the skipper and mates) for the five day voyage Trainees and leaders are asked for £20 each to cover this, amounting to a budget of £100 for five days. We supply tea, coffee and sugar on board.
Bring at least three days worth of food with you as there are limited opportunities for shopping during the week. There is small fridge and a paraffin stove aboard. We can also use a microwave and electric kettle when we are connected to shore power in a marina.
Meal Plan – we need a hot meal every evening
Cook ahead and freeze two meals, eg
A spaghetti Bolognese – 1kg beef mince, 1kg spaghetti, 2 tins of tomatoes, 4 onions, carrots, garlic
Chilli con carne – 1kg beef mince, I pkt basmati rice, two chilli peppers, 2 tins of kidney beans, 2 tins of tomatoes, 4 onions, cumin, carrots, garlic
Other meals ONLY NEED TWO MORE of chicken with chorizo and pasta sauce, sweet and sour chicken. Burgers/or sausages (for a berbecue?).
Lunches – 8 pasties for the first day, packet of fish fingers, cheese, pickle, fruit, sandwiches
Snacks – biscuits 4pks, crisps, chocolate
Breakfast – two types of cereal, milk, jam, bread – smoked bacon for butties
2kg beef mince, I kg chicken breasts, 16 burgers, four packs of bacon, 8 pasties, chorizo, fish fingers, – £40
Biscuits, 2 cereals, four loaves of bread, 2 large milk, jar of jam, baked beans, frozen peas, cheese, pickle, ketchup -£21
Spaghetti, rice, 4 tins tomatoes, 2 itns kidney beans, I jar pasta sauce, crisps large- £12
12 onions, 4 carrots, lettuce, potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, chilli – £5
Bananas, apples, satsumas, squash to drink- £8
Sweets, four packets – £4
Total £90 , leaving £10 spare for buying extra bread, milk, lunches etc.